NEW Meeting Time: Sundays @ 6:00 PM (unless otherwise stated)
To Youth Group Families: I am glad to be back and participating in youth group events again! I enjoyed the time I had off to be able to devote every second to my family! It is an amazing and beautiful time when a new family member comes into the world! I want to thank everyone who brought food to our house during the first month or so of Liliana’s life! It was more than helpful! Also a big thank you to the youth group who made Liliana a beautiful blanket! We are so lucky to be a part of this community, and I am blessed to work with the youth of this community!
UPCOMING EVENTS (NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2019)
- Sunday, November 24th: no evening meeting.
- Sunday, December 1st @ 11:30 AM-1:00 PM Help set up for the Christmas Fair (no evening meeting)
- Saturday December 7th @ 10:30 AM-2:00 PM: Youth serve at the Christmas Fair lunch
- Sunday December 8th @ 11:30 AM-1:00 PM: Youth help break down the Christmas Fair. (no evening meeting)
- Sunday December 15th @ 6:00-7:30 PM: Youth Group Meeting: Gingerbread house making!
- Sunday December 22 @ 11:15 AM-12:00 PM: Youth can come stand by their Gingerbread houses set up in Bailey Hall during coffee hour. People will vote on the best Gingerbread house. Whoever wins receives a PRIZE!
- Sunday December 22 @ 6:00-7:30 PM: Annual Youth Christmas Party! Dinner will be served and we will have a Yankee Swap! Youth group Alumni (ages 18-22) are invited to come back and join in on the festivities!
- Parents: if you have a child that is a youth group Alumni please send Christine (firstname.lastname@example.org) the contact information so that she can invite them!
- Please contact Christine Callahan (Youth Director) if you have any questions!
Youth Group Mission Statement: Our goal is for all teens to feel welcome and able to explore their faith, and how it relates to the world around them, in a safe and open environment, while growing in community with each other, and reaching out to our church, community, nation, and world to be the hands and feet of Christ. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Youth Group for grades 8-12 is a fellowship programs designed to allow youth to experience the transforming power of the Holy Spirit in an open and welcoming Christian community.
We provide our middle and high school youth with many opportunities for personal growth, Christian education, healthy and enjoyable social interaction, and active exploration and expression of Christian faith.
Meetings are held on Sunday evenings, 6:00-7:30 p.m. Programs include retreats, movie nights, game nights, discussions, local service projects.
Youth are also welcome to participate in the other ministries of the church, including singing with a choir, playing in the bell choir, teaching Sunday School, greeting and ushering, and serving as a youth member of the Board of Deacons, to name just a few.