Chop and Chat is an ad hoc group that gets together a few times a year to cook up meals to help others. It is a great way to get involved if are looking for a way to:
- volunteer but are tight on time
- socialize with old friends and meet new friends
- contribute to the greater good
This group meets periodically for a few hours on a Saturday morning or afternoon in the First Church kitchen. Join the group whenever the timing fits into your schedule.
All ingredients and recipes are provided, you provide the helping hands and the friendly attitude!
To date Chop and Chat has provided food for such recipients as:
- The Ronald McDonald House
- the Somers Congregational Church’s coffee hour (during reconstruction)
- Loaves and Fishes
- Tornado Relief workers in Monson
- First Church coffee hour
- Longmeadow Open Pantry (run by the Longmeadow Adult Center)
The goal is to make new friends, renew old friendships, have some fun and “do some good”!
Watch the event page, the church calendar and e-mailings for opportunities to get involved.