First Church of Christ in Longmeadow
The Administrator provides a single point of contact for church members and visitors and is responsible for the management and operation of the church building and office, for supporting Clergy, the Music Director, and Ministries in preparation for worship and other church activities, and for financial and personnel recordkeeping for the church. The Administrator works closely with the Pastors, congregation, other employees, and outside service providers to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the church. This is an hourly position of 32 hours per week.
The Church Administrator must:
- Be familiar with progressive Christian theology and worship liturgy and committed to the mission (Click HERE to read our Mission Statement) and goals of First Church, including the Behavioral Covenant (see below).
- Be able to engage with others with warmth, compassion, sensitivity, and enthusiasm, to welcome and assist all church members and visitors to the church with hospitality, to enlist and manage volunteers, to treat sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality, and to establish positive relationships with Pastors, other staff members, and lay leaders.
- Be able to organize workspace and records, to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner, to work independently, and to multitask.
- Be able to adapt to changing task requests and interruptions in work and to find creative solutions to management and financial issues. Must be able to work confidently and effectively with a large number of coworkers, church leaders, and volunteers.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong word processing skills, basic bookkeeping and record keeping skills, and be able to use and learn software programs needed to operate and manage church database, pledge records, and financial records.
Responsibilities- Among other responsibilities, the Administrator will be expected to do the following:
- Management and Operation of the Building and Office
- Ensure that the office is open, properly supplied, and covered according to schedule and welcome and direct church members and visitors.
- Perform basic office duties.
- Schedule rooms and use of the building, act as rental agent and contact person for outside groups, and maintain all church Calendars.
- In conjunction with the property team, contract for building energy and communication, schedule and arrange building repair and maintenance,
- Support clergy, Music Director, and Ministries
- Prepare bulletins, order flowers and other supplies as needed, send birthday, thank you, memorial cards, organize other mailings as required.
- Support clergy in their ministry, work closely with Moderator, and support youth groups and other teams as requested.
- Financial management and Personnel Recordkeeping
- Ensure that bills are paid and justify accounts. In conjunction with Stewardship Team, assist with Pledge Drive, keep accurate information about pledge payments, other donations, and payments, and communicate with, assist and inform bookkeepers.
- Maintain database of members and friends.
- Maintain personnel files and monitor Pension Boards to maintain proper insurance and annuity accounts for Pastors and employees.
- Maintain and update Breeze Church Management software program.
- Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly respond to email and phone calls.
- Training in software programs and technology, and other areas to enhance job performance as needed or requested by Senior Pastor.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:email@example.com or mail to First Church of Longmeadow, 763 Longmeadow St., Longmeadow, MA 01106.