For regular updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
For information about how the SNEUCC is responding to COVID-19:
A Message from Rev. Pam, regarding First Church of Christ’s response to COVID-19 and our changes in procedures:
During this pandemic, we continue to serve you, our community, and our God. Of course, we’ve had to change how we do some of our work.
The Building Is Closed until June 1, 2020 (this may change as we receive news and updates)
- In compliance with Governor Baker’s mandate for all non-essential workers to shelter, we have closed the church building.
- Please do not come to the church in person. (Join us on Zoom, Facebook or phone!)
- If you need anything from the church, please phone me (Rev. Pam 781-424-3103).
12-Step Meetings: The only groups still meeting at the church are a few of the 12 Step programs. They are allowed to meet under very prescribed guidelines:
- People must enter and exit only through the Williams Street door.
- Attendees are only allowed on the lower level.
- All meetings are held in Bailey Hall.
- No food or drink can be consumed.
- No more than 10 can attend.
- Attendees must sit at least 6 ft apart. (Stan has set up chairs in a circle with 6-foot tables between.)
- We hope to be able to continue offering this important ministry. This is a difficult time for all of us, but particularly for those battling addiction.
Staff Precautions: We, the staff, are also taking precautions. We:
- Only use the back door,
- Glove and mask up as we enter,
- Stay 6 ft apart, and
- Sanitize our hands, doors, railings, etc.
Services, Classes, and Meetings Continue—But Electronically
- We will continue to bring you worship (using Facebook Live: http://Facebook.com/firstchurchlongmeadow )
- We will continue to offer classes and meetings through Zoom.
- Links to all our events and services will be given in our eBlast and on Facebook.
- If you need help with Zoom, eBlasts, or any part of our community, please contact Brooke: email@example.com
- Those without email or online capabilities will receive a Home Worship letter, and can access our services on LCTV on Sundays @ 8:00am and 12:00 noon. If you know of someone who would like this letter, please let us know!
- We will continue to pray for you and our world!
Our Financial Obligations Continue: Please continue to send in your pledges and offerings, and check out our new online giving options (http://1stchurchlongmeadow.org/blog3/online-giving/ ).
- Staff compensation and building obligations continue. (Our monthly expenses for salaries, benefits and taxes alone are approximately $40,000.)
- We are still helping those in need.
- We are still the church even when we do not meet in person; there is still the work of Jesus to be done.
We Are Always a Community! None of us have ever encountered a pandemic. We are listening to science, protecting ourselves and each other, and praying. This will end. We don’t know when but it will end. Until that day, we remain united as a community—as church.
Pray for us and know that we are praying for you!
Blessings, Rev. Pam