SHOW (Sustainable House of Worship)
All houses of worship in the area are invited to this hands-on workshop conducted by Massachusetts Interfaith Power & Light to evaluate the essential areas of energy use and costs in your House Of Worship:
• Electricity — How to recognize the major energy hogs — and what to do about them.
• Solar Power — Is solar an option for your congregation?
• Heat & Air Conditioning — Is it time for an upgrade?
• Building Envelope — How to make your congregation more comfortable & save money.
• Behavior — How simple actions can reduce your energy bill – and carbon footprint – by 10% or more.
All faiths are welcome! Light refreshments will be served.
Clergy, lay leaders, building & creation care committee members encouraged to attend. We recommend 2 attendees per house of worship.
Presenters are Jim Nail and Bill Schroeder.
Register in advance at http://conta.cc/2rsBUAh. Advance registration closes on October 11. For more information contact Vince Maraventano at vince@MIPandL.org or 617-244-0755.
Hosted by The Environmental Justice team, along with SAICAN (Springfield Area Interfaith Climate Action Network) Sponsored by the Massachusetts Conference of the UCC.
Be sure to spread the word to friends you may have in other congregations.