Listen: Hear that still small voice of God and Find Your Own**
Have you ever misplaced your phone — which is on vibrate of course — and then asked someone to call it? We get really still and really quiet. Our ears perk up in all directions in order to be ready to hear that little buzz. It is a quieting down and high alert all at the same time. This Lent we will quiet things down and heighten our attention to the “still, small voice” of God and our own True Self. Listening through prayer as well as meditation on holy texts is an ancient Lenten practice. Come and rest, come and listen.
“Look, I’ll pour out my spirit on you. I’ll reveal my words to you.” —Wisdom (from Proverbs)
What will we focus on each week?
Ash Wednesday, February 14, 7:00-8:00 pm: Seeking the holy and disposition of ashes.
Week 1: Finding Your Cave: Listening Spaces
Week 2: Finding Your Breath: Listening to our Bodies
Week 3: Finding a Word: Listening to the Texts
Week 4: Finding Your Power: Listening for Healing
Week 5: Finding Your Mystic: Listening Beyond the Voices
Week 6: Finding Your Purpose: Listening to Your Heart (Palm Sunday)
Worship services and Monday night gatherings
What will Worship look like during Lent?
• Our worship order will change as we begin with an experience of meditation and prayer.
• We will follow different prayer and mindfulness practices that Christians have used for centuries.
• Announcements will move to the end of our service.
• Our music will be interspersed with prayer.
• We will have times of silence so you can truly listen for God’s still small voice.
• There will be a time of action or participation every week so that symbols and movement can lead you deeper into prayer.
• We will read the gospel of John each week but we’ll also add a Psalm and other scriptures which reflect our themes.
What will we do on Monday nights?
Join us Mondays from February 19 – March 19, 7:00 – 8:30 pm in the Buxton Room.
Each week we will be led deeper into our theme using videos and practices introduced in worship. Come to one or all five Mondays!
** Our Lenten program and materials come from WorshipDesignStudio.com and are used with permission.